The Style Journal is a positive environment and we love our guest bloggers to have a voice. Be interesting, be relevant and have a swing in your vocal step. Tell a compelling story and ensure this falls within our main lifestyle categories of fashion, beauty, well-being, the soundtrack, books, food & drink and travel.
Spend some time on your headline to maximise reader attraction and we’ll have a great place to start!
Blog post content
- Content must be guest blogger’s own original work, it should not be published anywhere else online or infringe any copyright laws.
- Plagiarism is so dirty. When quoting others, please site your sources accordingly to show your love of it and them.
- Once you’ve submitted your post to us you may not publish this post anywhere else online (not on your own website or blog or anyone else’s).
- Please keep your submission between 200 – 1,000 words.
- Posts should be sent as a Word or Pages file.
- Please use headings and sub-headings in your layout.
- We love an easy reading experience, so please use short paragraphs and bullet points where necessary.
- The Style Journal welcomes images and/or video to accompany guest blog posts. These should be sent as attachments with details highlighting where in the post you envisage them going.
- The Style Journal prefers that images you provide are directly relevant to the post content.
- If you’re including pictures of people, please make sure you have their permission to use them.
- If you do decide to borrow an image, we require proper attribution to the creator of the image or permission as necessary.
- Minimum image width is 720px.
- Images should be in keeping with the overall style of The Style Journal.
- The Style Journal will ensure to give you full credit as the author of your post and will include an Author Bio at the bottom of your article. Please include a link to your blog along with your profile picture. This link may not be an affiliate link or point to an affiliate site.
- Please free free to include links to your site within the post content providing it is directly related to the topic of your article.
- You may include SEO’d anchor tags to sites that are relevant to your post.
- Please don’t use excessive links in your article. Any spam-like links will be removed and affiliate links are not permitted.
- Please link to other internal articles by The Style Journal within your post as relevant. If we know of any which are suitable, we may add these at point of editing.
- The Style Journal reserves the right to make edits to the piece where necessary to ensure the blog stays in keeping with our values so please don’t be offended. We will always try to contact you prior to publication to make sure you are happy with any changes made.
- If a guest post is inappropriate or needs improvement we’ll let you know and offer suggestions so that we can publish it in the future.
The Style Journal reserves the right to refuse publication, remove blog content and change these guidelines as we see fit.
How to submit:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘GUEST POST’ as your subject line to submit your article and include links to three other posts you have written either on your own site or as a guest, so we can see a little more about you and your writing style.
Please feel free to email us with a concept before submitting an entire post.
Any blog posts submitted become the property of The Style Journal with full credit going to the author and cannot be published elsewhere. We only accept original content and reserve the right to remove posts at any time.